Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Waiting to Exhale...or explode or something like that

So here is your upfront warning....this post is about:

poop.

So if you are still reading...Little Cashew is a breastfed baby...and like breastfed babies, she no longer necessarily poops every day. Theoretically she should be settling in to a schedule...and its different for every baby. For a few weeks it looked like our schedule would be every 3 days. And then on the poop day...watch out! Her record for a poop day was 10 poops...it actually spanned overnight as a 3 and 7. Her single day record was 8 over Christmas.

I don't really mind this...it means I go days without changing a poopy diaper and when the time comes...bam...and it's over with. The problem is that she isn't really on a 3 day schedule and she is a gassy baby. Not like crying gassy...she's a happy gassy baby. But it leaves us guessing when "poop day" is going to be. And the build up (no pun intended) to poop day is nerve wracking. Like I don't want to take her on a run to the grocery store because what if that is the start of poop day?? I should also mention once poop day starts, it's not many poops over the course of the day, its usually more like: put her on the changing table and don't button up her outfit because the poop just comes and comes for like an hour.

And the problem with her being gassy you ask? I can no longer tell when it's dry gas and when its poop! Walnut had quite the refined ear for this in the beginning, and I slowed honed my ear over time, but now we are both lost.

So I have been stressed for DAYS because this is currently DAY FIVE! Of no poop...I mean today has GOT TO be the day...but who knows! And to make matters worse, on our last poop day...it wasn't even a poop day, she had one poopy diaper in the morning...so it wasn't even a real poop day.

Although I want to get it over with, I kind of hope she waits until Walnut gets home, so he can witness the ridiculousness I am sure it's going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment