Sunday, January 31, 2010

My perfect child has a bad habit...

Little Cashew has developed an awful habit...
First the back story...she babbles a ton these days and it's pretty much the cutest thing you can imagine. And I've been trying to get her to say 'mama' and 'dada' and when I say 'mama' to her, she almost like clockwork, breaks out into a huge smile that melts my heat and comes close to bringing me to tears.

I've caught her in a few "dada's" while babbling and playing, and it'd adorable. We aren't calling this 'saying dada' as it's a long line of syllables that comes out and 'da' and 'da' happen to come out back to back...but it's super cute none the less.

Now on to her awful habit...today every time she gets really fussy and crying, "mama" slips out in her wails...and it breaks my heart and brings me to tears.
I don't think I can handle "mama' being including in her repertoire of upset sounds...it's too hard...and kind of makes me feel like a mommy failure...

No comments:

Post a Comment