Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just 1 nut for now

So the whole family of nuts watched The Simpsons tonight...well not Little Cashew, she fell asleep while nursing, and Walnut and I watched...and it got me thinking about siblings. I have 2 brothers significantly older than me and Walnut has a half sister 13 years older than him. So neither of us have that close aged sibling bond. Not to do disservice to my brothers, I love them and they are great. But I often wished for a little sister when I was younger. It just seems that there is something special in that bond of sister-hood.

Its funny, in theory I think it would be wonderful to have a whole little family with all of the children close together in age, they can bond and be friends...I guess by my theory twins would be perfect. But then there is the pure logistics and practicality of having kids close together is daunting! I don't know how women do the whole "2 under 2" thing! Being pregnant and working was hard enough, I don't know how I could have been working and pregnant and have Little Cashew to take care of too!

Its funny, Little Cashew has at the same time both made me want to have more babies, and never want to have another...Here's how:
She is a WONDERFUL baby, who makes Walnut and I so so happy. It's like "Having babies is great! Let's do this all the time!" And here is where I get to be a little bit of a nutty mom (no pun intended)...I love this Little Cashew so much, I don't ever want anything to draw my attention away from her. I know this sounds like a recipe for a super spoiled child, but I just always want her to feel so loved, and to never feel like she has to take a back seat.

So who knows what the future holds for the nutty family, for right now we are just enthralled loving our Little Cashew

No comments:

Post a Comment