Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Apparently I am the one who needs to work on sleeping through the night...

I guess Little Cashew wants to be a southern bell because she did great on our North Carolina trip! In fact she was a sleeping champion! She slept through the night for 9 hours, 10 hours, 9 hours and then a 4 hour stretch with a wake up to eat and then a 7 hour stretch on the 4 nights we were there. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if Walnut and I actually slept through the night also! On our first night there Little Cashew made a few noises around 3:30am (pretty standard for her) , so Walnut got up to warm up her bottle and I got the pump ready. (We give her a bottle of pumped milk at night so she stays used to the bottle for the nanny/daycare...)

And we waited. There were a few more adorable noises, and that was it....Walnut and I lay there in disbelief...no way she went back to sleep...she will let out a cry any minute now....but it never came, and at 4:30am we went back to sleep.

And the next thing I know its 7:30am shes happily cooing in her pack and play and I am painfully engorged and sopping wet with milk despite my fabulous breast pads. Yeah I didn't pump overnight because I just figured she would eventually wake up and I would pump then, I never considered the possibility that she might just sleep through the night.

Now this is not the first time Little Cashew has given us the opportunity to get a good nights sleep, but she has never done it so many times in a row! The only problem in this wonderful sleeping arrangement is me waking up several times during the night all engorged and milky. I guess if she keeps doing this my body will get the idea and cool down overnight.

Now to see if this whole sleeping thing sticks, or if we completely screwed her up with another overnight drive, this time back to the nut home.

No comments:

Post a Comment