Thursday, December 10, 2009

All in the name of Fashion

First off...the things I will do for this child and for fashion...

Now I think Little Cashew is the perfectly proportioned child...in reality she is a tall little string bean from her daddy and has a big noggin (sp?) from her mommy...so I call her my little candy apple.

The people at Gymboree have not realized this, and even though I spend a good chunk of Walnut's pay check there...they do not make candy apple sized clothes. This really has not been too much of a problem, with the exception of cute little head bands. When I put them on her, they are a bit snug and they leave an indent on her head, so they never stay on long. Well tomorrow we are going to a Christmas party at Walnuts's work, and of course Little Cashew will be the best dressed of the 3 of us...but the dress she is wearing has one of these infamously tight head bands....so my solution? Stretch it to fit around my head and wear it around for 3 days. I look ridiculous, and its not so comfortable, and leaves a red mark on my head...but its all in the name of fashion.

And I had an almost ridiculous cooking experience this week. Ive been trying to make meals and freeze them, so we have food other than cereal and peanut butter available....you know...like real adults. So I usually keep Little Cashew in the sling with me while cooking....mostly because she will only watch from her bouncy seat for so long. And as I was about to put the casserole in the oven, she has a huge spit up which came perilously close to ending up smack dab in the middle of my casserole...I decided to finish cooking while she was napping and far from the kitchen.

And on a sad note, one of the online pregnancy boards I frequent has a member who went into labor at 24 weeks 4 days ago, and will unfortunately be saying good bye to her little girl tonight. Makes me so thankful for my fully baked healthy little one. And at the same time makes me feel so bad for ever wishing she would come any earlier. (I went into labor at 40 weeks and 1 day...I wasn't wishing for a preemie or anything, but around 38.5 weeks...full term is 37 weeks...I was ready for her to be born!)

I thought about taking a picture of myself with this ridiculous baby headband on me...but I need to retain some pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment