Sunday, March 14, 2010

My eyes are bigger than her stomach...

Well Veggie's for Little Cashew Take 2 went much better!
I have given up on peas...and after my traumatic experience the last time, she may never get them!
So this time we went with butternut squash (again I picked a veggie I am not all that familiar with...what is wrong with me?!?!?) I mean basically my knowledge of butter nut squash is that line from friends where they call it squatter nut bash...hehehe makes me giggle every single time..

But back to baby food. I went to the grocery store and bought butternut squash...peeled it and cut it...good lordy did that take a long time! Oh and I'll give credit where credit is due...I peeled and walnut did 98% of the cutting. And then batch by batch I started making food for Little Cashew.
And it turned out great and Little Cashew noms away on it!

There was only one issue this time around...if you can't tell already...I bought a FREAKING GINORMOUS squash...actually it was the largest one I could find in the store...literally! My thought process was "let me get a big one, so she can have several meals worth..." Yeah because an average sized squash clearly would only be a small snack for a 6 month old! So yeah the squash was bigger than Little Cashew was when she was born...or at least it seemed that way. And even if she REALLY likes squash, I am fairly certain that I will not need to buy any more squash for her until she is eating non-pureed solids.

Going to keep this short and sweet so I actually write and publish in one sitting rather than dragging it out for a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment