Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm cheesey...so is Little Cashew apparently

I don't know why it is that when I envisioned motherhood, I only really saw an idealized glamorous version of it.
I think I may be the least glamorous mom ever...in history...
Aside from the fact that my ideal wardrobe is scrub pants (or sweat pants), a tank top and flip flops rather than pretty dresses and pearls and I'm kind of a terrible cook...I'm kind of rough around the edges of mommy.
So speaking of me being a not-so-great cook...we ordered Mexican food a few days ago...and where there is take out, there is left over food! So I was pleasantly munching on some cold queso and chips and wearing Little Cashew around the kitchen. And while I chomped and danced around (because it entertains her obviously and not because I am a dork who likes to dance in the kitchen...ok well I am, but that's besides the point) I dripped a plop of queso onto her head. Now I feel like my gut reaction should have been horror at getting my cute little baby cheesey...but instead I wanted the queso, so I grabbed another chip and scooped it off. Then wiped her head with a napkin.
She was none the wiser.

And on a side note my Little Cashew is 7 months old today! I don't understand where all of this time is going...it feels like just last week that Walnut and I were surprising the family with our news. We didn't want to tell anyone we were planning on trying for a baby...because, well frankly, who needs that extra pressure??!! Early on, when there was some baby mumblings going on by the grand parents, we just said we were going to wait until after I was done with residency. So everyone was pretty shocked when the big announcement came half way through third year.

No comments:

Post a Comment